Attorney Allan Wainwright of Wainwright Injury Law has handled dozens of motorcycle accident cases in Denver and New Mexico, and knows how earth shattering a motorcycle accident is. When you have been injured and need an advocate on your side whom you can trust to fight for your rights, Allan Wainwright is here.
TYPES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
When a car and a motorcycle collide, it is usually the motorcyclist who is left with the most severe of injuries. In seeking compensation for injuries, the motorcyclist must establish that the accident – and subsequent injuries – occurred because of the fault of the driver. Some common types of car accidents that involve driver error include:
- Left turn accidents. Left turn accidents happen when a vehicle that is making a left hand turn fails to yield to a motorcyclists who is traveling straight through an intersection, slamming into the motorcyclist’s side or cutting them off, resulting in the motorcyclist traveling head-on into the vehicle’s side.
- Lane change accidents. Another common cause of an accident is the failure of a driver to properly check their mirrors prior to changing lanes, switching into a motorcyclist’s lane at a dangerous proximity.
- Accidents caused by speeding and alcohol use. The use of alcohol amongst drivers, as well as speeding, are two of the biggest risks to motorcyclists on the road. Speeding and alcohol use highly increase the risk of a collision.
The above list is not inclusive; anytime that a driver operates their vehicle with negligence, a motorcyclist may suffer as a result.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you deserve to be fully compensated for your losses. It is likely that your crash resulted in–
- High medical bills and future medical expenses;
- Painful and debilitating injuries;
- The inability to work, perhaps permanently;
- Loss of enjoyment of life; and
- Psychological injuries, like post-traumatic stress disorder or depression.
At the offices of Wainwright Injury Law, we will add up the total value of your damages, both economic and noneconomic, and build a case with the purpose of recovering the full value of your losses.
What to Do after a Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, the most important thing that you can do is to seek medical care. If you delay in seeking medical care, an insurance adjuster may question the validity of your injuries, and you may be risking your own well being.
The next thing that you should do is to make sure that your accident has been reported to the proper authorities and to your insurance company. Review your insurance policy to determine whether or not you are eligible to recover any compensation from your own policy.
Then, you should contact an attorney. In Colorado and New Mexico, the amount of compensation that you can receive after a crash is largely determined by the amount of fault of each party – this is known as a comparative fault system. Our attorneys will work hard on your behalf to prove the fault of the other party so that you recover every penny you deserve.
Why You Should Work with an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When you work with our law firm, you choose to work with an attorney who is as experienced as he is passionate. Attorney Allan Wainwright will personally handle your case, from investigating negligence to negotiating with insurance adjusters. To schedule your free case evaluation, call our law offices today.